Web Browser Task Automation
Streamline website interaction with automated navigation, input, extraction, and more.
The internet has made doing business faster and easier in countless ways. But even simple website actions—filling out forms, clicking on buttons, downloading files—can be time-consuming and prone to error when part of a repeated business process.
Many enterprises find themselves looking for a tool to automate processes like logging into a site to download files or copying data from a website into a spreadsheet. Their first impulse is usually to write a custom script for the task—a solution that is not reliable, scalable, or cost-effective.
AutoMate’s intuitive drag-and-drop interface lets IT and business users quickly and easily automate browser actions without writing a line of code. Use AutoMate to integrate website interaction with your overarching enterprise automation strategy.
Sample Website Automation Workflow
- Log into website
- Navigate to form
- Enter data into form
- Click “Save” button
- Log out of site
Sample Website Automation Workflow
Did You Know
AutoMate interacts with browsers at the graphical interface level, just like you, and can do almost anything you can do on a website, like click on links, select from a menu, or type into a text box. When you build your processes, three types of actions are available:
- Browser actions. Includes opening and closing the browser, navigating through pages, and extracting page data.
- Interactivity actions. Important for automating elements that are not HTML-based, like a "Save As" dialogue or an Adobe Flash element.
- Input actions. Includes keystrokes, mouse movements, clicks, and copy/paste.
Automating Web Browser Actions with AutoMate (On-demand webinar)
Automating Web Browser Actions with Business Process Automation Software (Blog post)
Web Interaction Automation: The Task that Keeps on Giving (Blog post)
Automated Data Extraction (AutoMate solution)
New users: Download your FREE Unrestricted (time limited) evaluation version of AutoMate by filling out the following form.
AutoMate trial will expire in 30 days. AutoMate BPA Server trial will expire in 60 days.
- Windows Server 2003 SP2, Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2, Windows Vista SP2, Windows Server 2008 SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2
- Minimum 2GHz Intel or AMD Processor, Recommended 3GHz multicore or faster
- Minimum 4GB, Recommended 6GB or More
- Available Disk Space:
- Minimum 5G Free
- 280x1024 resolution, 32 MB video RAM
- .NET 4.0 Framework (included), Windows Installer 4.5 (included), Database Datastore (Oracle 10g or higher, MySQL 5.0 or higher, SQL Server 2005 or higher)(SQL Server Express 2008 R2 included) *BPA ONLY
Already a customer? Contact your rep for a personalized demo of this solution.
Did You Know…
After AutoMate extracts data, you can further automate your business processes by sending the data directly into documents, reports, or other business applications without any additional manual tasks or code writing. For example, AutoMate can:
- Screen scrape data from AS/400 to populate to Excel reports
- Extract data from PDF orders to enter into ERP systems
- Collect data from multiple websites to get market pricing information for eCommerce
- Bypass CAPTCHAs to collect financial data from multiple banking websites
- Read emails for specific content to automate a reply