Automated Report Generation
Gain flexibility in your reporting and distribution processes.
The use of spreadsheets and generating reports are cornerstones of your daily operations and integral activities to making strategic decisions—but generating effective reports can be a painful process for your team. Many core applications require manual intervention to compile reports. While some applications have their own scheduling capabilities, reports often take a long time to compile or run.
AutoMate eliminates the need for manually generating reports, eliminating the possibility of error and freeing your analysts up to do what they do best: analyze the data. With the new ODS (OpenDocument Spreadsheet) action in AutoMate, you can do much more with worksheets and cells to manipulate data and automate report generation across your organization. The new ODS action does not require an installation of Excel, and it allows you to run processes in the background, which means your team can automatically generate their reports while getting other important projects done.
Did You Know…
Saving your spreadsheets in OpenDocument format, the new international standard for office documents, means that you can access your spreadsheets from any OpenDocument-compliant application, including:
- Google Docs
View the checklist below to see the benefits of using the ODS actions from AutoMate. In addition, AutoMate provides easy-to-use time- and event-based scheduling so reports can be generated, compressed, encrypted, uploaded to SharePoint or an FTP site, emailed to management, and more.
The ODS action from AutoMate give you the following capabilities for automating report generation:
|Get Active Worksheet||Yes||Yes|
|Get Selected Cell(s)||Yes||Yes|
|ROW & COLUMN|
|Runs in Background||No||Yes|
New users: Download your FREE Unrestricted (time limited) evaluation version of AutoMate by filling out the following form.
AutoMate trial will expire in 30 days. AutoMate BPA Server trial will expire in 60 days.
- Windows Server 2003 SP2, Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2, Windows Vista SP2, Windows Server 2008 SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2
- Minimum 2GHz Intel or AMD Processor, Recommended 3GHz multicore or faster
- Minimum 4GB, Recommended 6GB or More
- Available Disk Space:
- Minimum 5G Free
- 280x1024 resolution, 32 MB video RAM
- .NET 4.0 Framework (included), Windows Installer 4.5 (included), Database Datastore (Oracle 10g or higher, MySQL 5.0 or higher, SQL Server 2005 or higher)(SQL Server Express 2008 R2 included) *BPA ONLY
Already a customer? Contact your rep for a personalized demo of this solution.
"With AutoMate, Sarabia was able to free each country's accountants of after-hours report compilation duties in roughly the time it would take to set up a new workstation. There was no custom code to write or maintain. All tasks were pre-programmed in AutoMate and simply dragged and dropped into place, saving tens of thousands of dollars in custom development. In addition to eliminating nearly 90 hours of late-night work every week, AutoMate has enabled Stryker Latin America to achieve worry-free compliance with corporate reporting requirements by automating the task of monitoring activities such as file transfers."
Related Case Studies:
- Stryker Finds Rx for Multi-Office Reporting with AutoMate
- Norton Healthcare Automates Reporting and Print Management in Cumbersome Legacy Applications
- AutoMate Speeds Report Generation and Distribution for a Major Insurer
- Home & Car Care Products Maker Puts ERP/EDI Reporting & More on Cruise Control with AutoMate
- No More SYSPRO Night Duty for Lab Products Manufacturer with AutoMate
- Pacific Toxicology Laboratories Saves Time with AutoMate
- Automating Crystal Reports with AutoMate Saves $$$ for Appliance Distributor
- Financial Services Firm Credits AutoMate with Saving 400 Hours/Month in IT Tasks