Automated Report Generation
Gain flexibility in your reporting processes with report automation.
The use of spreadsheets and generating reports are cornerstones of your daily operations and integral activities to making strategic decisions—but generating effective reports can be a painful process for your team. Many core applications, like ERP Systems, General Ledgers, and EMR systems require manual intervention to compile reports.
AutoMate's report automation feature eliminates the need for manually generating reports, reducing the possibility of errors and freeing up your analysts to do what they do best: analyze the data. To customize automated report generation for your environment, you can use the following AutoMate Actions:
With these Actions, AutoMate helps you build a complete solution for automatic report compilation without writing a line of code.
Did You Know…
With AutoMate, you can do much more with worksheets to manipulate data and automate reporting across your organization. Regardless of the data source (for example, Crystal Reports, SQL, an ERP system, or Web Services), AutoMate’s suite of drag-and-drop Actions can merge, process, and format the data to build an intelligent report, which can then be saved in OpenDocument format via the new ODS Action. AutoMate could then email the report to stakeholders, which further eliminates the need for manual intervention in the report generation and dissemination process.
Saving your spreadsheets in OpenDocument format, the new international standard for office documents, means that you can access your spreadsheets from any OpenDocument-compliant application, including:
- Google Docs
View the checklist below to see the benefits of using the ODS Action from AutoMate. In addition, AutoMate provides easy-to-use time- and event-based scheduling so reports can be generated, compressed, encrypted, uploaded to SharePoint or an FTP site, emailed to management, and more.
The ODS Action from AutoMate gives you the following capabilities for automated reporting:
|Get Active Worksheet||Yes||Yes|
|Get Selected Cell(s)||Yes||Yes|
|ROW & COLUMN|
|Runs in Background||No||Yes|
New users: Download your FREE Unrestricted (time limited) evaluation version of AutoMate by filling out the following form.
AutoMate trial will expire in 30 days. AutoMate BPA Server trial will expire in 60 days.
- Windows Vista SP2, Windows Server 2008 SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 10
- Minimum 2GHz Intel or AMD Processor, Recommended 3GHz multicore or faster
- Minimum 4GB, Recommended 6GB or More
- Available Disk Space:
- Minimum 5G Free
- 1280x1024 resolution, 32 MB video RAM
- .NET 4.5.1 Framework (included), Windows Installer 4.5 (included), Database Datastore (Oracle 10g or higher, MySQL 5.0 or higher, SQL Server 2005 or higher)(SQL Server Express 2008 R2 included) *AUTOMATE ENTERPRISE ONLY
Already a customer? Contact your rep for a personalized demo of this solution.
"There was no custom code to write or maintain. All tasks were pre-programmed in AutoMate and simply dragged and dropped into place, saving tens of thousands of dollars in custom development. In addition to eliminating nearly 90 hours of late-night work every week, AutoMate has enabled Stryker Latin America to achieve worry-free compliance with corporate reporting requirements by automating the task of monitoring activities such as file transfers."
Related Case Studies:
- Stryker Finds Rx for Multi-Office Reporting with AutoMate
- Norton Healthcare Automates Reporting and Print Management in Cumbersome Legacy Applications
- AutoMate Speeds Report Generation and Distribution for a Major Insurer
- Home & Car Care Products Maker Puts ERP/EDI Reporting & More on Cruise Control with AutoMate
- No More SYSPRO Night Duty for Lab Products Manufacturer with AutoMate
- Pacific Toxicology Laboratories Saves Time with AutoMate
- Automating Crystal Reports with AutoMate Saves $$$ for Appliance Distributor
- Financial Services Firm Credits AutoMate with Saving 400 Hours/Month in IT Tasks