© 2004-2017 Automate, Inc.
All worldwide rights reserved
Securely Transform Your File Transfer Process through Automation: On-Demand Webinar
Recently HelpSystems Training and Services Consultant Donna Horton teamed up with Mel Beckman and WindowsITPro to present a webinar on automating file transfers. If you missed it, you can watch the recording below.
Transferring files sounds like a simple process, but there are a lot of factors you need to get right in order to manage your company’s file transfers efficiently and securely. These concerns only increase as your business—and your volume of file transfers—grows.
The key technologies behind robust, safe data transport are encryption and authentication, both of which are supported by open standards. Alas, there are many standards from which to choose, so matching your objectives with the available standards requires understanding how they work under the covers.
Watch the recorded webinar to learn about:
- The tradeoffs between security and speed for various encryption algorithms.
- The value of digital certificates in automating file transfers without exposing passwords to the job control environment.
- How to secure legacy transfer protocols such as FTP using “at rest” encryption.
- Methods of error detection and correction to reduce errors and failures.
- The value of automation to ensure that only intended data is transferred.
Mel Beckman has been writing technology related features and product reviews for over twenty years with a focus on IT, data centers, networking, and communications. Donna Horton has over 20 years of experience in Information Technology, including network and systems administration, support, engineering, enterprise software management, and technical training.